From Couch to Ironman

.




This blog is my journey from being a couch potato to becoming a (half) ironman finisher. It is a work in progress. Although the blog starts on January 23, 2009, I took the first step a year ago. I will try to keep updating every Sunday (once a week). This one started with the decision to lose 35 LBs before June. Read and see where I am. You'll also find out where I've been and where I am headed.

My Training Volume

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another month is here upon us....

This week I did two workouts per sport, which is actually what my training plan calls for. This is a great achievement to me, considering I have dreaded the swim workouts until now.

That said, I did not do an 8 mile run this week as my legs felt real heavy during each of the 4 milers I did. I hope that with some rest, I will be able to pull a 9-miler next week.

Now, I feel great and am looking forward to this new month, and a new beginning to my diet (induction stage) of the low carb-style. This means less than 20 grams of carbohydrates per day for 10 days.

My weight was in a balance between 194 and 198, but that’s fine as long as I don’t hit 200 lbs again, I have until June to get to 185 Lbs. I have handled my diet real well, I even allowed me one high-carb dinner at a Puerto Rican restaurant on Saturday evening, but more importantly I enjoyed a real nice day of cycling around the park and dining with the family and friends – losing weight and working out is important, but enjoying life is a lot more important.

Another reason I feel so great this week is because I achieved and exceeded my work goals for February and got a good head start on March, allowing me to relax somewhat. All the sacrifices early on the month, paid off. I have to find a way to do more of this in a balanced way.

I am not sure how many people are following this blog, but let me know if it has motivated you in any way. I am looking forward to your comments.


Here's a recent picture. Bear in mind this is work in progress. I am now 20 Lbs lighter than I was 2 months ago.

1 comment:

  1. Olman, estoy tan orgullosa de tu trabajo. Creo que haz adoptado la mejor manera de perder peso, no es el metodo que escojas, es que el que escoja sea a tu paso y funcione para ti, y seas capaz de verte el resto de tu vida alimantandote asi y haceindo actividad fisica. Estare pendiente por aqui, y una vez mas magnifico trabajo, magnifica actitud!!

    ReplyDelete