From Couch to Ironman

.




This blog is my journey from being a couch potato to becoming a (half) ironman finisher. It is a work in progress. Although the blog starts on January 23, 2009, I took the first step a year ago. I will try to keep updating every Sunday (once a week). This one started with the decision to lose 35 LBs before June. Read and see where I am. You'll also find out where I've been and where I am headed.

My Training Volume

Sunday, March 8, 2009

This week I have some great successes to share:

WHAT MY BODY CAN DO...
First in addition to my week’s training (at least one session for each sport), Saturday morning started with a 1700 yd swim (that’s over a mile) and a 30 mile bike ride in the afternoon at full strength. Then, this morning, even with the time change, I completed a 9 mile run at just below a 10 min pace.

I was very tired both days, but some CBEX took care of it.

The great thing for me in doing these workouts is the satisfaction of knowing I can complete an Olympic distance tri.

During the week, I did two, 4 mile runs, rode my bike for an hour and a half on the trainer – that should amount to about the same as a 3 hour road ride. Then I did a short 500 swim

WHAT MY BODY’S THOUGHT ME...
Also, right after the run, I weighed in at 188.5 Lbs – That’s 30 LBS! since I started this training program. In addition to the low carb lifestyle, the key has been staying away from coffee/caffeinated products. I have eaten small amounts of carbs without any issues. I am surprised that this has been so easy for me, but I will admit, neither carbs nor caffeine are attractive to me anymore.

I hear that I should apologize for the recent picture I posted here last week but I kept getting inquiries about how I was doing and looking. There it is, and there it’ll stay. This is MY blog. – hey, I’m just typing off a little fun.

LIFE-WORK BALANCE...

This week’s been tough. Need to work on this.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Olman 30 libras es muchisimo. Te felicito, se como te sientes es un feeling tan rico. Se pierde peso y se gana tanto en el proceso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay eso fui yo , Wally......

    ReplyDelete