From Couch to Ironman

.




This blog is my journey from being a couch potato to becoming a (half) ironman finisher. It is a work in progress. Although the blog starts on January 23, 2009, I took the first step a year ago. I will try to keep updating every Sunday (once a week). This one started with the decision to lose 35 LBs before June. Read and see where I am. You'll also find out where I've been and where I am headed.

My Training Volume

Friday, January 23, 2009

In the beginning...



This is my first blog. Not an easy thing for me due to work, family and training taking up soooo much time, but a promise is a promise. And above all, I want to share with you, my friends, the realization of a dream, and hopefully, serve as inspiration to some.

Dreams are something we initially, simply imagine, not getting the grasp that it could be our own reality if we want it. As time goes on, and it's stuck with you, YOU decide, YOU make the commitment, to do whatever it takes to make it a reality.

As some of you know, this has been a dream of mine for many many years (I calculated 22 yrs). I've even introduced a few friends to the it, and yet, they have gone ahead and made it THEIR reality. In the meantime, all I turned into realities were excuses. Excuses for not chasing my dream... perhaps, I didn't consider it a reality for me, like the many other thousands of dreams that go thru my head every day and night. But now, this is something that I WANT, in fact, I've been wanting it for just about a year now. So, I am making a real commitment. So strong, that I am putting my heart and soul out here for you to read, while I am in the process of achieving it. BTW, I'm giving you permission to mock me if at some point, before reaching the goal, I happen to drop out. But it is not my plan to do that.

In our society, our fast paced, rapid refund society, we let go of those dreams (aka goals)that require a lot of investment, those that don't bring immediate satisfaction. Perhaps it is why I didn't pursue this dream before. But as the year when I hit 40 candles in my cake arrives, suddenly I find myself 35 Lb overweight, and poor physical health (a combination of several factors). That is about to change, and I want you to be a witness.


Follow me on this journey, while I turn my dream into a reality; and I hope that I inspire some of you.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! You are not only doing it for your health, but also for your children. So that they can enjoy their dad longer.
    BTW, I'm having my second child. I know I'm crazy, but what can I tell you....
    Adie

    ReplyDelete