From Couch to Ironman

.




This blog is my journey from being a couch potato to becoming a (half) ironman finisher. It is a work in progress. Although the blog starts on January 23, 2009, I took the first step a year ago. I will try to keep updating every Sunday (once a week). This one started with the decision to lose 35 LBs before June. Read and see where I am. You'll also find out where I've been and where I am headed.

My Training Volume

Monday, February 9, 2009

Every day... a struggle, and an opportunity



This week my friends has been a tough one; I guess it happens in all habit shifts.

-My weight stalled, my training stalled, I ate a few carb meals and I still can not get myself to include a swim workout other than last Saturday's w/ coach. All in all, the reason why I am writing this blog and announced it to all of you is because I knew weeks like these would come, and I would need your support.

Because of my business traveling schedule (next 2 weeks will be similar), I could only afford 2 workouts. Its easier to just get anything to eat when traveling, and I failed to consider the steps that have been made until now.

Above all the changes, I declare three statements for this coming week;
- Even though I will be traveling quite a bit, I will stick to my meals.
- I will find a way to put at least 2 runs no matter how late they happen.
- I will do whatever it takes to make things happen.

Like most of us, I worry lots about the economy and possible impact in my home and family but I try not to think about it during the day. I have to find the next sale, and the next new customer. This week I have a trade show for which I am very optimistic, but it's been hard to get to people and I have company visitors who want to be in front of these people. So, I put it in the hands of God - I know that as long as I work hard, and act morally, he will make sure I end my day well.

EVERY morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lios wakes up. it knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle, or it will starve to death. - It doesn't matter whethre you are the lion or the gazelle- when the sun comes up, you'd better BE RUNNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment