From Couch to Ironman

.




This blog is my journey from being a couch potato to becoming a (half) ironman finisher. It is a work in progress. Although the blog starts on January 23, 2009, I took the first step a year ago. I will try to keep updating every Sunday (once a week). This one started with the decision to lose 35 LBs before June. Read and see where I am. You'll also find out where I've been and where I am headed.

My Training Volume

Friday, June 12, 2009

A week before my 40th

Good thing - Melva's problem has been diagnosed. Bad thing - she has 2 herniated lumbar discs. Good news - strengthening exercises should help. Bad news- this is an issue she'll have to deal with the rest of her life. Good thing - this could be very encouraging for her to stay fit - the rest of her life.

Back to the blog.
Funny thing how I seemed not to really care one bit, and today it dawned on me; I'll be peaking the hill in 7 days. Well, at least I can sat that I am as fit today as I was half my life ago - let's just keep the time in between, a secret.

My weight this morning: 181.5LB this is the lowest I've been in many years.

This week I took my triathlon training back to the level where it should have been last month, and it's already showing. I have easily survived my new lo-carb lifestyle and will continue living like this. I am looking to get a full physical within this month.

Father's Day is 10 days from today. I have already given myself a BD and FD present with my new bike, new body and new healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment